Madness Ionizing Madness Ionizing

Spectacular!

I loved this!

I honestly believe you should work on an all-original piece.

Don't Miss Her Wedding Don't Miss Her Wedding

Not horrible.

As an artist:

The cartoon was decent. The music was decent. Execution was decent. It was front-page worthy, but only just. Not much else I can say here. There's nothing groundbreaking, or even particularly interesting here from an artist's standpoint.... Nevertheless, it was executed properly, and I cannot justify giving you a 9/10 instead of a 10/10, just know that I was really thinking about it.

As a libertarian:

I appreciate this particular animation's focus towards avoiding the idiotic "Let's ban tobacco" approach and addressing the true problem with smoking in the world: The CHOICE to smoke. Glancing over a few reviews, it appears that some begrudged smokers here have become inspired to give a shot at quitting smoking. Perhaps with this on front page, several hundred will try to quit, and if even 1 of those hundred who tried to quit succeeds and lives a better life, then I suppose this animation did its job didn't it?

As a smoker:

I'm not a cigarette smoker. I'm a casual pipe tobacco smoker. I'm not addicted to nicotine, and I smoke so incredibly infrequently it's insane. Really, I tend to smoke on occasion, NOT as a coping mechanism, so I feel compelled to mention: Not all tobacco smokers are addicted cigarette smokers. Comparing me to a common cigarette addict is a lot like comparing a fine wine taster to a common alcoholic. It's almost insulting. I do not intend on "quitting" my pipe and anyone who asks me to can go screw themselves... and so I again thank you jackbliss... for NOT doing that, and for staying focused on the TRUE problem.

jackbliss responds:

Thanks for the extremely detailed and well though out review! I'm glad even through your heavy analysis my simple work was able to score a perfect 10. It's a well earned one I suspect coming from a very very respectable mature reviewer. The art is very basic as you said but so long as it carries the heart of the message and moves people into perhaps quit smoking... wow I mean seriously... it does not get better than that for ANY artist! :)

Madness Inflammation Madness Inflammation

Great!

Quite a mix of talents here. Some of these were OUTSTANDING! Others were simply bad.

In this end it was enjoyable.

(btw, You spelled inflammation wrong)

Pigeon! Pigeon!

That homeless man's a HUSTLER.

Full sprint running on screen, full sprint running off of it.

"We're Starfox!" "We're Starfox!"

That

-was fucking brilliant.

PuffballsUnited responds:

Glad you enjoyed it!

"Let's play" "Let's play"

"Let's play!"

You clearly must be the offspring of Edmund McMillen and Adam Phillips.

Short, entertaining, with a recognizable art. A bit of stupid silliness, but I kind of like my flashes like that =P

Madness Combat 6.5 Madness Combat 6.5

NEVER stop making these bro! If you're dying of cancer in a hospital, get a laptop, install flash on it, and then keep making these, because I don't know WHAT I'm going to do if you ever stop making these!

These never get old to me, and your attention to detail is superb.

Pen Sexucation Pen Sexucation

Ahahaha!

That was brilliant!

Chained Apart Chained Apart

Well

That was just about the most intense thing ever lol

The Only Thing I Know The Only Thing I Know

Hah!

Well I guess this may sound really forced but... If it weren't for video games, I would not be where I am today.

If I weren't for video games, I would not have an interest in art. If I did not have an interest in art, I would not have become the successful animator that I am. If I did not work on the animations that I did, I would have never grown an interest in the weapons that I used in them. If I did not grow an interest in the weapons that I used in those animations, i would not be a firearm owner. If I was not a firearm owner, i would not have learned about gun legalities, and the sheepdog concept. If I was not into the sheepdog concept, I would not be going into EMS.

I'll be riding around in ambulances saving lives when I'm done school thanks to video games. If it weren't for video games, I would not have the real life friends that I have. If it weren't for video games I would not have the wonderful hobby of firearm ownership. If it weren't for videogames I would not have adamant political opinions.

I introduced my friend to Everquest many many years ago. He got so into it, and eventually began working with coding emulations. Now he's pursuing such coding as a living and he's really damn good at it.

Yes, videogames are sometimes abused by people... an excess of ANYTHING will hurt people. But don't forget that videogames ARE pointful. I've went swimming with dolphins, layed on the beaches of jamaica, waverun and parasailed on the gulf of mexico, visited every state between maine and florida, ATVd through the rugged brushes of florida and so much more... And as wonderful as each of those experiences were, most of those moments don't compare to some of the best moments i've had sitting in front of my computer.

The exhileration of skydiving compares nothing to the exileration of submitting a flash that I poured my heart into to newgrounds.

Also, on a further note... Happiness is the point to life is it not? Non-productive acts are not wrong in the least. Non reproductive-relationships with the opposite sex are as unproductive as video games. Hanging out with friends isn't productive. Making animations when you're career is not co-related with art is not productive.

In my opinion, you simply need to judge the types of games you play on a regular basis. The only part of my gaming history that I wish I could take back was the time I spent playing an mmorpg... I played EverQuest for 7 years before abandoning that account. I walked away from that game with NOTHING... No friends, no skills... Hell, at least with FPS you can transfer SOME of your skills to other FPS games. If I went back in time and went into a comma 4 hours a day during those days instead of playing EverQuest I would have been equally worse off.

I'd say to stick with competitive PC games, particularly FPSs, but also RTS, and other online games that aren't RPGs. Sure, there's alot of elitism but there's alot of community. Getting good at an FPS, you may join a clan. Maybe you'll compete, maybe you'll regulate servers and learn the basics of server hosting, maybe you'll start a site and learn the basics of web design, maybe you'll design some clan maps and learn about mapping.

The only thing I know is that if it weren't for video games, I would not be where I am today.

CirrusEpix responds:

Yes, you are exactly right. Thats the problem, value is self determined. For you, there was a positive track for you and others, but for many, we are never that lucky.